Step 1: Purchase the Extension
- Purchase the WebP Converter Plugin from the Joomla store.
Step 2: Check Your Email
- You will receive an email with a download link for the extension.
Step 3: Create an Account (Optional)
- Alternatively, create an account in the Joomla store using the same email address used for the purchase (not the PayPal address).
- Log in to your account.
Step 4: Navigate to Downloads Section
- Go to the downloads section of the store.
- Find the option to download the WebP Converter Plugin.
- Note: You can also find the license key here, which is needed for future updates.
Step 5: Download the Extension
- Click on the download link to get the file named
Step 6: Unzip the Package
- Use an Unzipper or unarchive software to unzip the package.
- The package contains two files:
- The installable plugin file - plg_webpconverter.zip
ReadMe.txtfile with version information.
Step 7: Update the Extension (if applicable)
- If you have an active license, you can update the extension directly from the Joomla update manager.
Now, you have successfully downloaded and unzipped the WebP Converter Plugin for Joomla, and you can proceed with the installation and configuration as per your needs.
Step 1: Log in to Joomla Admin Panel
- Log in to your Joomla 4 website's administrator panel using your credentials.
Step 2: Navigate to Extensions Manager
- From the main menu, select
Step 3: Choose the Installation Method
- You will see several options for installing extensions. Choose the "Upload Package File" method.
Step 4: Upload the Plugin File
- Click the
Choose Filebutton or drag and drop the
plg_webpconverter.zipfile into the designated area.
- Click the
Upload & Installbutton.
Step 5: Verify Installation
- Once the installation is complete, you should see a success message confirming the installation.
- You can verify the installation by going to
Pluginsand searching for "WebP Converter."
Step 6: Enable the Plugin
- Find the WebP Converter Plugin in the list and click on the red "X" or the status icon to enable it.
- Configure the plugin settings as needed by clicking on the plugin's name.
Step 7: Test the Plugin (Optional)
- You may want to test the plugin on your site to ensure it's working as expected.
How it works
Before setting up the plugin lets understand how exactly the plugin works.
- Image Tag Search: When enabled, the plugin searches for
<img src=""/>tags within the web pages that are loaded.
- Image Conversion: It identifies images from the path and converts formats like jpg, png, or gif into the webp format.
- Replacement, Not Regeneration: The plugin replaces the images with their webp versions but doesn't generate the webp images every time the page is loaded. The webp images just gets created once.
- Local Images Only: The plugin works for images hosted within the Joomla installation folder. It will not replace images loaded from other sites.
- Bluk Folder Conversion: The plugin allows you to select a specific folder (e.g., the default Joomla Images Folder) to convert all the images inside the folder to webp format.
- Manual Replacement: After generating the webp images, you can manually replace the path/URL of images on your website.
- Handling Non-Standard Image Displays: Some modules, plugins or components may not use the standard
<img src="">tag to display images. In these cases, you can replace the generated images directly.
After installation, you can configure the plugin by navigating to
Plugins and searching for "WebP Converter." Click on the plugin name to access the settings.
Set the quality for WebP images. This slider allows you to choose the desired quality level for the converted images, ranging from 0 to 100. Higher quality may result in larger file sizes.
Disable for Menu Items
Select specific menu items where the WebP conversion should be disabled. Menu names are displayed in bold, and you can select individual menu items using checkboxes.
Disable for Components
Select specific frontend components where the WebP conversion should be disabled. You can choose multiple components from the dropdown list.
Disable for URLs
Enter URLs where the WebP conversion should be disabled, one per line. This allows you to exclude specific pages from conversion.
Enter image names to exclude from WebP conversion, one per line. This allows you to exclude specific images from conversion.
Choose a folder within your site to generate WebP images. This allows you to target specific directories for conversion.
Generate WebP Images
Click this button to generate WebP images for the selected folder. This initiates the conversion process for the chosen directory.
Delete Generated WebP Images
Click this button to delete all generated WebP images created by this plugin. This allows you to revert all conversions and remove the WebP files.
1. How Do I Select Specific Folders for WebP Conversion?
In the "Manage Settings" section of the plugin configuration, you'll find an option called "Select Folder." Use the dropdown menu to choose a specific folder within your site where you want to generate WebP images. This allows you to target specific directories for conversion.
2. Can I Exclude Certain Images or URLs from Conversion?
Yes, you can! In the "Exclusion Settings" section, you have options to exclude specific images, URLs, menu items, or components from WebP conversion. Simply enter the image names or URLs you want to exclude, or select the menu items or components from the provided lists.
3. What Quality Should I Set for WebP Images?
The "WebP Quality" setting in the "General Settings" section allows you to choose the desired quality level for the converted images, ranging from 70 to 90. A higher quality setting may result in larger file sizes but better visual quality. You can experiment with this setting to find the optimal balance for your site.
4. How Do I Delete Generated WebP Images?
If you need to delete all generated WebP images created by the plugin, go to the "Manage Settings" section and click the "Delete Generated WebP Images" button. This will revert all conversions and remove the WebP files, allowing you to start fresh or disable the plugin without leaving behind unnecessary files.
5. I've Installed the Plugin, but It's Not Working. What Should I Do?
First, ensure that the plugin is enabled by going to
Plugins and checking the status of the "WebP Converter" plugin. If it's still not working, double-check your configuration settings to ensure they are set up correctly. If you continue to experience issues, consult the plugin's official documentation or contact the support team for assistance.